1. We have been running the youth camp … five years.
2. Irene has been reading that novel…
A. for one hour
B. when I met her
C. next Tuesday
D. last Friday
3. Could you send me the catalog to … the price?
4. The bigger company … the smaller one which could not survive.
A. took over
B. took off
C. took out
D. took down
5. The package for my parents ... by the courier a few days ago.
A. was sent
B. will be sent
C. is being sent
D. is sent
6. The candidates … have submitted their application letters will have to come for an interview.
7. How can you expect to get well soon if you don't … the medicine regularly?
8. The book is … high for he little boy to reach.
9. Energy can be created from the steam of … water.
10. This classroom is too small. I think we need a … one.
11. The production … promotion cost should be reduced to lower the selling price.
12. Waste … must be well managed to keep environment clean.
Directions: In the next questions, each sentence has four words or phrases underlined. The four underline parts of the sentences are marked A, B, C, D. You are to identify the one underlined word or phrase that should be corrected or rewritten. Then,
13. The new swhich were broadcasted on TV last night was shocking.
A B C D
14. The builder hasn't finishing his work yet even though the time limit is over.
A B C D
15. Doctors should treat them patients politely and carefully.
A B C D
16. If Tyson prepared for the fight more intensively, he would have won it.
A B C D
17. The man said that his brothers was busy with his work.
A B C D
18. The weather was terrible cold so that the climbers could not reach the peak of Jayawijaya
A B C C
Direction: Answer the questions based on the text.
19. What does Irene Boutique order?
20. How do they want the order delivered?
A. By messenger
B. By phone
C. By fax
D. By post
21. What is the fax about?
A. Order for poultry products
B. Confirmation about product delivery
C. Request for information about poultry products
D. Rejection of delivery
22. Who is the sender of the fax?
A. Catur Nugraha
C. Adam Eva
D. Agribusiness Farm
23. What should Mr. Zainal Abidin do?
A. Represent the director at a meeting
B. Arrange a meeting
C. Meet the director
D. Bring the report to the meeting
24. When did the director write the memo?
A. 5th February 2002
B. 9.00 a.m.
C. 7th February 2002
D. 5th February 2003
25. What is special about the product?
A. It introduces a new product
B. It contains two different formulas in one bottle
C. It helps to develop bacteria
D. It causes breakouts in the future
26. What is the side effect of the product?
A. It is unique
C. It can cause bacteria
D. It can cause irritation
27. What is the main topic of the meeting?
A. Evaluating the HRD manager
B. Improving the quality of HRD manager
C. Evaluating the staff's productivity
D. Following up the evaluation
28. How long does the meeting last?
A. 1 hour
B. 2 hours
C. 3 hours
D. 4 hours
29. In what year did most graduates find work?
A. In 1999
B. In 2000
C. In 2001
D. In 2002
30. What is the purpose of the graph?
A. To provide data of SMK graduate for readers
B. To compare intake and output rate of SMK
C. To know the number of male and female graduates
D. To know the number of married and unmarried graduates