• About
  • Contact
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy

Soal Bahasa Inggris dan Pembahasan SMK TA 2015/2016 Paket 2

 on Monday, February 22, 2016  

I.                    Incomplete Dialogues
 Questions 16-30 are incomplete dialogues. Four answers marked (A), (B), (C) and (D) are given beneath each dialogue. You have to choose the best answer to complete the dialogue.

16.          Interviewer        : Do you inspect every single device?
Supervisor          : ….. especially those regarding the electrical circuit.
  1. On certain products I do
  2. The inspector did all
  3. We always order devices
  4. I am the head electrician
17.          Tina        : The workout works well for your body building program.
Jack        : if I didn’t think the gym was helping me feel better, ….. my member card.
  1. I would renew
  2. I would not renew
  3. I’d have renewed
  4. I won’t be renewing
18.          Policeman           : I understand you were the key witness for the robbery.
Cynthia                 : ….. in the bank besides the tellers.
  1. I was reporting some people
  2. No, I haven’t talked to anyone
  3. Yes, I was the only other person
  4. The robbers and I were witnessing
19.          Sheila    : Peter, I must be boarding now, I’ll call you when I arrive in Denpasar. Bye.
Peter     : Fine. I’ll be in the office until 5. ….. Bye.
  1. Can I call you back?
  2. Speak to you later.
  3. Is Sheila available?
  4. Sorry to keep you waiting.
20.          Clerk                      : Sir, I’m afraid I can’t go to work today. My father passed away last night.
Manager              : Oh, …..
  1. Please accept my condolence
  2. What a terrible thing to see
  3. You have a lot of work to do
  4. Please send my regard to him
21.          Budi       : Boy, the forklift won’t start.
Ivan       : Well ….. the plugs?
  1. Should you cleaning
  2. Why don’t you try to clean
  3. Would you better to clean
  4. Did you forget to be cleaned
22.          Manager              : ….. the monthly meeting will start an hour earlier.
Supervisor          : Right away, sir.
  1. Please inform the staffs
  2. I heard the information
  3. Basic information says
  4. Be required to inform
23.          Mario    : The new chairman has promised that the football league will improve its performance.
Dandi    : he’s right and as a player, …..
  1. I can’t keep my promise
  2. It is highly promising
  3. I have the same promise
  4. You promised it repeatedly
24.          Rina       : ….. But please make sure that there are no shrimps in it.
Waiter  : All right, Miss. And what about the drink?
  1. Could I have a plate of fried noodles?
  2. Do you mind if I have my lunch here?
  3. I have to tell you that I’m not a vegetarian.
  4. I love cooking, especially sea food dishes.
25.          Vania                     : I wanted to have a few people over for a dinner party on Saturday evening to
celebrate my graduation, and I’d like to invite you especially, since you are my headmaster.
Mr. Park               :  ….., Vania. Saturday, did you say?
  1. Let’s celebrate it
  2. Nice to meet you
  3. I’d be delighted to
  4. I really like parties
26.          Nania                    : Would you mind if I took a day off tomorrow?
Manager              : ….. There are lots of works to do tomorrow.
  1. Of course, Nania. It’s okay.
  2. Well, I’d rather you didn’t.
  3. I might take a day off as well.
  4. All right if you want it.
27.          Sinta                      : …..
Room service     : We are sorry for the inconvenience and will send a repairman right away to your
room.
  1. I know how an air conditioner produces coldness.
  2. Excuse me, I cannot find the TV remote con troll here.
  3. I’m sorry but the water heater in my room doesn’t work.
  4. The refrigerator has soft drinks and snakes in it.
28.          Receptionist       : Welcome to Mahameru Hotel. Your room is on the third floor.
Guest                    : Thank you. ….. where the dining room is?
  1. Does the floor
  2. Would you say
  3. Is my bedroom
  4. Could you tell me
29.          Bobby   : It’s my first job. I hope they don’t make me do anything dangerous.
Linda     : Well, you never know. ….. the whole time in an office.
  1. You might spend
  2. You are spending
  3. you have spent
  4. You’d better spend
30.          Rina       : Hi, Tom, you look so busy. What are you doing?
Tommy : …..
  1. I met Jeff a few years ago in Surabaya.
  2. Ben and I are making an experiment.
  3. I would like to introduce Roy and Kim to you.
  4. I have been living here since two years ago.
  1. II.                  Error recognition

In questions 31-35, each number has four underlined words or phrases that are marked by (A), (B), (C) and (D). You have to identify the underlined words or phrases that need to be corrected or rewritten.
31.          Customer            : Do you have the latest Raditya’s album? It’s the best album ever.
A                                                        B
Seller                     : I’m afraid we don’t, but why don’t you try Kirana’s album? It doesn’t contain
as many songs as Raditys’s, but it’s as best as his.
C                                                             D
32.          Kathy    : Would you mind not to whistleI’m trying to write a proposal.
A                  B
Adrian   : oh, I am sorry. I thought you were in the other room.
C                           D
33.          Denny   : Do you think it is an ordinary drinking water?
A                                           B
Lisa         : I don’t think so. Notice the color; it’s bluish white. And it smell like tobacco.
C                                                                             D
34.          Puri        : Have you heard that Tika gave us Balinese cloth? Isn’t that awful?
A                                                                B
Ivon       : To all of us? It’s very kind of her. She knows we love traditional cloth.
C                                                   D
35.          Tizia       : Which do you prefer: driving a car yourself or as a passenger?
A                                                          B
Olga       : Well, I’d rather driving. I don’t mind being a passenger, but only if I’m sure.
C                                                                                           D
  1. III.                Reading Comprehension

Questions 36-50 are based on a selection of reading materials. You have to choose the best answer (A), (B), (C) or (D) to each question.
Questions 36-38 refer to the following memorandum.
INTEROFFICE MEMORANDUM
To           : Managers                                                                                         Date                      : September 1
From     : Andre Simanjuntak                                                                       Subject                 : Vacation Planning
The end of year is almost upon us. Many hourly employees have received approval for vacation time during November and December. This, couple with the holidays, and next-year budgeting, means a great deal of meetings. In order to meet the business needs of the company, we will not be able to allow any vacations for managers during November. All vacation time must be taken after December 1.
If you have any questions, please see your branch manager.
36.          What does the memo inform the managers about?
  1. A change in vacation policy.
  2. Their vacation approval.
  3. Budget meeting schedules.
  4. The company business goal.
37.          What does the word ‘you’ in ‘if you have any questions, please see your branch manager’ refer to?
  1. Managers.
  2. Employees.
  3. Andre Simanjuntak.
  4. Branch managers.
38.          To whom should the managers talk if they don’t understand the memo?
  1. Andree Simanjuntak
  2. Hourly employees.
  3. Co-managers
  4. Branch managers
Questions 39-41 refer to the following advertisement.
Attention Sales and marketing Professionals!
Don’t miss our Special Career Fair Seminars:
How to write a Winning Resume at 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Preparing for the Job Interview at 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Seminars are $ 12 each or $ 20 both, payable at the door.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Queen Hotel
Nefertiti Convention Room
103 Brawn St. New York
39.          How much will a participant save if he registers for two seminars?
  1. $ 12.
  2. $ 20.
  3. $ 8.
  4. $ 4.
40.          What does the phrase ‘the door’ refer to?
  1. Career Fair Seminar.
  2. Queen Hotel.
  3. Nefertiti Convention Room.
  4. 103 Brown St. New York.
41.          A convention room will be used for the seminar.
The word ‘convention’ means …..
  1. A room for formal gatherings
  2. A room for queens and kings
  3. A room for new Yorkers
  4. A room for wedding parties
Questions 42-44 refer to the following information.
I studied German at university, and I taught German in a high school for two years. I have visited most of the major European capitals, and I have a good knowledge of French, Dutch and Italian, as well as German. Although I have never been directly involved in publishing, I have worked both as a translator and as a journalist.
42.          Where would the writer most probably inform this?
  1. On his curriculum vitae.
  2. On his resignation letter.
  3. On his publishing profile.
  4. On his passport pages.
43.          How many languages does he speak?
  1. One.
  2. Two.
  3. Three.
  4. Four.
44.          The phrase ‘as well as’ in the text can be best replaced by …..
  1. Even though
  2. In addition to
  3. As long as
  4. Provided that
Questions 45-47 refer to the following instructions.
IN FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS
In the event of an emergency, please do the following procedures:
  • Go to your seat and fasten your seat belt. Attendants will be on hands to assist you.
  • All electronic devices should be turned off, as these could interface with the pilot’s radio transmissions.
  • Should the cabin lose pressure, an oxygen mask will automatically fall from the overhead compartment. Simply slide the plastic cord over the head, fit the mask to your face and then breathe through the mask. If you are with a child, first put on your own mask. This will help you to assist your child.
  • In the unlikely event that the plane is forced to make a water landing, the seat on which you are sitting is also a flotation devices. Simply pull it and out.
45.          The word ‘interfere’ in the second pointer could be best replaced by …..
  1. Advance
  2. Facilitate
  3. Devastate
  4. Obstruct
46.          Where are the oxygen masks stored?
  1. In the emergency room.
  2. In overhead compartments.
  3. In the rear of the pilot’s cabin.
  4. Under the passenger’s seat.
47.          What should parents with a child do first if the plane loses pressure?
  1. Put on their own mask.
  2. Fasten their seat belt.
  3. Pull up a floatation device.
  4. Ask an attendant for help.
Questions 48-50 refer to the following schedule.
The Secret Zoo

Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs : 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat – Sun : 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Opened on public holidays
Closed on Fridays
Closed in January 1, May 1
Free guided tours every hour on the hour while the zoo is open
48.          When are the hours of operation longer?
  1. On weekdays.
  2. On weekends.
  3. On Fridays.
  4. On holidays.
49.          Who would need the information in the schedule?
  1. The zoo operation.
  2. The zoo veterinarian.
  3. The zoo tour guides.
  4. The zoo visitors.
50.          When is the zoo not closed?
  1. On January 1.
  2. On Friday.
  3. On march 1.
  4. At 7 p.m.
KUNCI JAWABAN PAKET 2
  1. A
  2. B
  3. C
  4. B
  5. A
  6. B
  7. A
  8. C
  9. A
  10. C
  11. B
  12. C
  13. D
  14. A
  15. B
  16. D
  17. A
  18. D
  19. B
  20. C
  21. A
  22. A
  23. D
  24. D
  25. C
  26. A
  27. A
  28. D
  29. B
  30. D
  31. B
  32. A
  33. B
  34. D
  35. C

Soal Bahasa Inggris dan Pembahasan SMK TA 2015/2016 Paket 2 4.5 5 Hand Monday, February 22, 2016 I.                     Incomplete Dialogues   Questions 16-30 are incomplete dialogues. Four answers marked (A), (B), (C) and (D) are giv...


No comments:

Post a Comment

J-Theme